“ReSolve’s Riffs” is live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
Although technology has revolutionized many aspects of our lives, there are still some industries that resist change and professionals who are certain that the old way is the right way. Some believe this applies to investment advisors. They most likely have never met Shiraz Ahmed. He is the quintessential modern advisor, with whom we had the pleasure of riffing on topics such as:
• Building and improving your career by observing your peers (and learning from their mistakes)
• Finding a niche of people that you can really connect with instead of cold calling
• The value of conveying your true self and embracing a genuine narrative
• Navigating the ambiguous compliance and regulatory environment when engaging on social media
• His expertise in U.S. -Canadian cross-border investing
We also discussed Shiraz’s motto of paying it forward, how he lives by that rule, and what he actually means when he says an advisor needs to put his money where his mouth is.