This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on Youtube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
Even the term used to describe this asset class is loaded with controversy. Some say cryptocurrency is a misnomer, since Bitcoin and its lesser known brethren can neither be considered a medium of exchange nor a store of value. Rob Furse (Co-founder & President of Echelon Wealth Partners) and Matthew Edwards (CEO & CIO of Dalpha Capital Management) would certainly disagree with the latter. We invited them to discuss this and other topics including:
- The role of crypto (currencies or assets) in investors’ portfolios
- Can bitcoin really be thought of as ‘digital gold’?
- How to position these assets using both legacy and newer investment frameworks
- What the endorsement of well-known money managers does for Bitcoin
- Regulatory hurdles and the road to institutional acceptance
We also debated the current global macro backdrop and why ideas like MMT will likely push an ever growing number of investors to venture into the crypto space. There may also have been some brief speculation regarding the identity of the elusive Satoshi Nakamoto, author of the original Bitcoin whitepaper.
Thank you for watching and listening.