This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
Like virtually all segments of the investment industry, the financial advisory business has undergone significant shifts over the past two decades. Gone are the days where a pasteurized, assembly-line approach with catchy branding is enough for a thriving enterprise. In the digital age, investors – like everyone else – want authenticity. They seek a personal touch. They yearn for a real connection. Alex Chalekian (founder and CEO of Lake Avenue Financial) lives by these principles. In our conversation, we explored:
- His journey: from studying to become an accountant, to investment entrepreneur
- Allowing others to learn from your mistakes and trying to extricate one’s ego
- Understanding the unique skill set you and your team members bring to the table
- The importance of proper communication: staying true to your message while navigating the regulatory landscape
- The appropriate digital forums and the difference between them
- Building and giving back to your community
Alex also shared some of the investment themes and new projects his team is excited about, and there was even time for a brief discussion on the hottest investment topic of the day – Bitcoin and the world of crypto.
Thank you for watching and listening. See you next week.