This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day, hosted by Adam Butler, Mike Philbrick and Rodrigo Gordillo of ReSolve Global*.
“A year ago, digital assets were a fringe asset class, the mere mention of which could spell career risk. Now, the career risk is likely if you completely ignore the space.”
Global markets are evolving at a blinding pace, and investors often find themselves in a race to catch up with what are sometimes truly tectonic shifts. Nowhere is this more emblematic than in the digital assets realm. We had the pleasure of once again hosting Tyrone Ross Jr, along with his new business partner Eric Ervin – founders of Onramp Invest – for a fascinating conversation that covered:
- A ‘meeting of minds’ that resulted in Onramp Invest
- The fast and furious migration of digital assets into the common zeitgeist
- Trying to seamlessly integrate Onramp Invest into advisors’ workflow – ease of access is crucial
- Onramp Academy – filling the education vacuum and establishing a foundation for conversations
- Integrating traditional finance with the crypto world
- The difference between digital assets and digital currencies
- One third of the S&P500’s market cap is represented by financial services – the size of the DeFi (Decentralized Finance) Pie
- The importance of properly anchored risk expectations for a highly volatile and emerging asset class
The discussion also included frameworks for understanding both the value of digital assets (think network effects) and their possible place in portfolios (where rebalancing is of paramount importance). Eric and Tyrone shared their screen to walk us through their portal and some of the very useful tools they’ve created for investors.
Thank you for watching and listening. See you next week.