This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
Interest in cryptoassets, and specifically Bitcoin, has skyrocketed in the last few years. From its humble beginnings Bitcoin has grown into a behemoth, leading some to wonder if it will eventually become a contender for the role of global reserve currency. Our guests for this episode were Greg Foss and Magdalena Gronowska, early adopters of Bitcoin and part of the team that launched the very first Canadian crypto ETF on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Our conversation covered:
- How the bond market wags the equity tail
- Why Bitcoin can become default protection on a basket of sovereign credit as national debts explode
- What Bitcoin is currently disrupting, from energy usage to gold, from the FED to the banking system
- What is money
- The “Honey Pot”
- Why now is a better time to invest in Bitcoin than 2016
- Spinoffs from Bitcoin mining, from energy to technology
- The solution for “Fiat Ponzi”
The discussion was enthusiastic, thorough and sometimes downright funny. We hope you enjoy this episode and look forward to you joining us again next week.