This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
This week we had the great pleasure of hosting none other than Lyn Alden (founder of Lyn Alden Investment Strategy), one of today’s most prominent macro strategists and thinkers. Her background in both engineering and economics endows her with a diverse skillset and unique perspective, which helps her (as well as her readers and clients) make sense of the extremely challenging environment investors are currently facing. This wide-ranging conversation covered topics that included:
- Her investment framework – the integration of top-down and bottom-up
- Japanification – the good, the bad, the ugly, and some unexpected diamonds in the rough in the Land of the Rising Sun
- The weaking US dollar, its multi-year cycles and global investment implications
- Currency wars, economic tradeoffs and game theory dynamics
- NASDAQ & Bitcoin – the unbeatable portfolio of late – recency bias, and why it always pays to be diversified in the long run
- Fiscal and monetary policies, both pre- and post-pandemic, and what an end game might look like
Lyn also delved into her views on precious metals, possible inflationary outcomes and effective hedges, and of course, Bitcoin. Her ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely was on full display, which made for a deeply enlightening and entertaining episode.
Thank you for watching and listening. See you next week.