This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on Youtube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day.
His hypothesis on the adverse effects of passive investments in market behavior has catapulted him into the spotlight, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Earlier this year he became one of our most popular podcast guests; this time Mike Green (Logica Capital) returned with guns blazing. In a less formal and less constrained happy hour conversation, we discussed:
- Logica’s long-volatility strategy and use of options for different exposures
- What an end game might look like if the drive towards passive continues unabated
- Inflation, interest-rates and MMT
- How Buffett sometimes plays a version of liar’s poker with the market
- Covid, the economy and a possible paradigm shift
- A golden age for impostors and the benefits of being too big to fail
The conversation branched into demographics, philosophy and history, including a re-examination of the 1970’s stagflation – for which Mike offered an alternate interpretation (and broke an icon or two along the way).
Thank you for watching and listening. See you next week.