It is, without a doubt, the most logical starting point for any portfolio that seeks both global diversity and risk balance. Preparation before prediction. First, do no harm. Yet there is a wide range of ways to structure and deploy Risk Parity – as always, the devil is in the details (for a deeper dive check out our recent whitepaper). We had the pleasure of speaking with Alex Shahidi and Damien Bisserier (co-founders of Evoke Wealth and ARIS Consulting), creators of the popular RPAR ETF, on topics that included:
- Their history and journey before joining forces
- Multiple definitions and iterations of Risk Parity
- The consistent mispricing of global diversification benefits (why Risk Parity works)
- Why the investment industry is wired to overweight prediction and underweight preparation
- Behavioral hurdles and the real struggle with FOMO
Of course, it wouldn’t be a true Risk Parity debate without addressing the role of bonds in the current zero-bound environment and the importance of duration adjustments on bond holdings, as well as the role of currencies and different ways of obtaining exposure to commodities. A true Risk Parity primer.
Thank you for watching and listening.