This is “ReSolve’s Riffs” – live on YouTube every Friday afternoon to debate the most relevant investment topics of the day, hosted by Adam Butler, Mike Philbrick and Rodrigo Gordillo of ReSolve Global*.
And in the blink of an eye, a year went by.
In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, we recorded a conversation on the global investment landscape in the wake of competing narratives and heightened uncertainty. The Pandemic Portfolio episode paved the way for what would become ReSolve Riffs, our ‘happy hour’ conversation on investment (and sometimes other) topics. Forty-seven episodes later, we looked back at this first year, the lessons we learned and what we might expect going forward:
- Global Macro – the all-encompassing theme and ‘elemental soup’ of investment decisions
- Inflation, reflation and the commodities boom
- The role of the US dollar
- Guardians of the narrative
- Equities – ‘beta vortex’, gamification and continued FOMO markets
- Volatility, convexity and tail-protection
- Major trends on the horizon – ESG, VR and the awesome power of blockchain technology
We also revisited worthy episodes that might have been overlooked, including those that explored behavioral biases, market psychology or were just downright entertaining. Towards the end, reminiscing gave way to forecasting, as we speculated on the evolving fields of AI and gene-editing and how they might impact the world in the coming years.
Thank you for being a part of this incredible first year. We hope it’s the first of many. See you next week.