Hear Simon Lack discuss the top reasons why you should worry about inflation with some compelling charts:
- U.S. debt is growing unsustainably, so where’s the limit? Debt to GDP levels jumped to 100% in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- We are hooked on the Fed’s balance sheet. The U.S. has become addicted to the Fed buying bonds.
- Inflation tracks your old living standards.
- Inflation isn’t measured properly.
- Everyone knows housing inflation is real, so why isn’t it measured properly?
- There is no fiscal discipline; the Fed will need to keep buying bonds.
Although investors are becoming more worried about inflation, it hasn’t been causing a lot of political issues…yet!